This job has closed. Click here for more jobs.
Senior IT Systems Engineer - Permanent
GMHBA have experienced significant growth in recent years and are now embarking on an exciting technology upgrade project to support our business operations. To help, we're seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join our team in Geelong.
GMHBA is an Australian not for profit health insurance and care company with more than 85 years’ experience, and more than 400,000 members. Through our personalised approach and exceptional customer service, we put the health and wellbeing of our members and communities first.
About the opportunity
Within this role, you'll provide the delivery and support of Information Technology used by all functional areas of within the business. Day to day, you'll work within a hyper-converged infrastructure environment to deliver on the implementation of technology upgrades for our servers and desktops alongside a team that's passionate about what they do.
You'll also be responsible for maintaining company firewalls, managing server migrations, disaster recovery and providing second to third line, and after-hours support for upgrades and maintenance of our critical systems.
As our ideal candidate, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years commercial experience in the Information Technology field
- Experience in the specification, development, testing and implementation of system changes either from an IT or user perspective
- Demonstrated High level knowledge and experience in Microsoft packages including Active Directory, IIS, DNS, SQL Server, Windows Server, SCCM, Exchange Server
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience working in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience in network configuration i.e. VLAN’s, ACL’s, routing, etc.
- Demonstrated high level Knowledge and experience in deploying, upgrading and maintaining technologies such as Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and Terminal Services.
- Solutions focused with an inquisitive nature and the ability to understand the bigger picture.
- Experience in managing contracts, services and external resource providers.
- An exceptional communicator and relationship builder - you'll have the ability to act with impact and influence with a broad audience and to work collaboratively to drive results.
- Able to work effectively and flexibly in a changing environment.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant area i.e. Business Information Systems, Computer Science
- Industry Certifications i.e. VCP, MCSA, CCNA, ITIL
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS and Office 365 etc.
- Experience working with Aruba network stack inc/AirWave
- Experience with Ivanti patch for SCCM, Kemp load balancers, HP switches, Zerto and Commvault
Let's get started?
To download the position description, click here. For a confidential discussion about this role, contact Maria Sophocli, Talent Acquisition Consultant on 5202 8175.
Applications close Tuesday 12 March 2019.
At GMHBA we celebrate and harness diversity and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
In applying, you agree that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of our privacy statement.