Senior Auditor - Health Information Manager
- Work with a team that truly values your expertise
- IN a role where your health information management skills will be fully utilized and developed
- Opportunity to work across both Abbotsford and Geelong offices
GMHBA is an Australian not for profit health insurance and care company with more than 80 years’ experience. We are Australia's leading regionally based health and care company with more than 230,000 members. Through our personalised approach and exceptional customer service, we put the health and wellbeing of our members and communities first.
About the Team
We are a professional small close-knit team of 8 who collaborate, achieve and celebrate together. We believe that the work we do makes a difference, and we are known as influences in our field. The team work cohesively, we are diverse and together have varying expertise that leads to everyone continuing to learn and develop our skills. Our team enjoys coming to work, having fun and always open to a good sense of humor.
About the opportunity
This is an exciting time to join the Benefits Management & Audit Team as a Health Information Manager - Senior Auditor. You will be pivotal in helping us to manage benefits by reducing the rate of escalation in benefits outlays and out of pocket costs for members while improving their health care outcomes and experience.
To be successful in the role ideally your skills and experience will include:
- A Bachelor of Health Information Management, or Diploma of Medical Record Administration or other recognised clinical coding course.
- Experience in coding in an acute hospital setting with a diverse case mix.
- 5 years relevant professional experience in the Australian Health Industry.
- Previous experience in health data management.
- Proven practical experience with reporting tools and relational data concepts.
- Relevant computer technical skills applicable to coding and case mix.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite including excel and access and/or have an aptitude to learn.
- Ability to think analytically, logically and laterally.
What we offer
- Discounted Health Insurance for you and your family
- Employee assistance program to enhance your emotional, mental and general psychological well-being so you can overcome challenges, increase coping and enhance your work and personal life.
- Community volunteering opportunities as giving back is part of the culture at GMHBA our staff are excited to make a positive impact on the health of the communities that we serve
- Ongoing training & development at GMHBA we believe in lifelong learning and encourage our staff to continually grow are develop skills to succeed and further their career, including the Web Directions Conferences
- Health information seminars to help you improve your health and well-being
- A tailored induction program for all new employees that sets you up for success from day 1 and supports you throughout the first 6 months
- A Reward & Recognition program and annual staff functions and other fun activities to celebrate our successes
- Staff well-being initiatives, including an active Social Club with a variety of fun events and special deals
- Flexible working arrangements GMHBA understand that it's important to achieve balance between work, family and social commitments.
- AIA Vitality, our award-winning health and well-being program takes you on journey to better health
To download the position description click here or for a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact within business hours Joanne Popovic on 5202 8662. Job closes Tuesday 20th February 2018.
At GMHBA we celebrate and harness diversity, and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
Working at GMHBA you will have a healthy career whilst helping us build a healthier future together!