People and Culture Manager - Private Health Insurance
People and Culture Manager- Private Health Insurance
- Strategic contribution in developing, coaching and supporting managers on all people and culture matters
- Work for iconic, strong performing, innovative organisation who contributes positively to the community
- Enjoy an amazing lifestyle that our region offers
- Permanent Full time or flexible 4 days, Geelong based position, Salary Circa $120,000 base + super + bonus
GMHBA is an Australian not for profit health insurance and health care company with over 80 years experience and more than 230,000 members. Through our personalised approach and exceptional customer service, we put the health and well-being of our members and communities first.
About the People & Culture Team
We are a passionate, innovative, professional team who thrive on working collaboratively to build and empower our staff, who we strongly believe are our greatest assets. We truly care about the people and culture of GMHBA and aim to deliver high quality people strategy, programs and specialist advice to build a workforce that can positively contribute to the lives of the members and community we serve.
About the opportunity
The People and Culture Manager PHI is part of the People and Culture Leadership Team and the PHI Leadership Team and is a pivotal thought leader and strategic contributor.
The PHI business employs circa. 200+ employees who are dispersed across Victoria regionally and in our health.com.au business located in Melbourne.
The People and Culture Manager PHI partners with senior leaders to equip them with the skills and confidence to effectively lead and manage their teams to achieve business goals. With a heightened focus on talent and lifting organisational capability, this role champions the People Plan and Talent Agenda and acts as a positive contributor and shaper of our culture.
A true generalist role, this position is a key driver in ensuring the effective development and implementation of high value P&C initiatives, programs and processes; and to build capability across the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate great problem solving skills and the ability to work in complex and dynamic environment, along with;
- 10+ years HR Generalist experience at the functional partnering level
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (i.e. HR, management, business/commerce) is essential.
- Experience in a fast growth, dynamic businesses known for their innovative culture
- Demonstrated experience in drawing insights from the key people metrics
- Be a confident advisor with the ability to coach and influence leaders
- Build collaborative relationships across a diverse client group
- Demonstrated experience with Preceda, ELMO and/or other HRIS system
- Organisational development programs
- Experience in Private Health Insurance, Insurance or Financial Services
What we offer
- Discounted Health Insurance for you and your family
- Employee assistance program to enhance your emotional, mental and general psychological well-being so you can overcome challenges, increase coping and enhance your work and personal life.
- Community volunteering opportunities as giving back is part of the culture at GMHBA our staff are excited to make a positive impact on the health of the communities that we serve
- Ongoing training & development at GMHBA we believe in lifelong learning and encourage our staff to continually grow are develop skills to succeed and further their career, including the Web Directions Conferences
- Health information seminars to help you improve your health and well-being
- A tailored induction program for all new employees that sets you up for success from day 1 and supports you throughout the first 6 months
- A Reward & Recognition program and annual staff functions and other fun activities to celebrate our successes
- Staff well-being initiatives, including an active Social Club with a variety of fun events and special deals
- Flexible working arrangements GMHBA understand that it's important to achieve balance between work, family and social commitments.
- AIA Vitality, our award-winning health and well-being program takes you on journey to better health
Let's get started?
To download the position description, click here. For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, contact Christine Shaw, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 5202 9206
At GMHBA we celebrate and harness diversity, and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
Applications close Sunday 15th October 2017.